Create a list of news stories with individual detail pages
See Roles for the built-in Contensive Roles.
How To Add/Edit News Stories
This add-on enables you to add news stories to a news page and to have a specified number of the latest stories display on the home page.
- To add or edit stories, login and click ADMIN, MANAGE ADD-ONS, NEWS STORIES, Story List.
- You will see a list of current stories. Click ADD to add a new story or click the paper/pencil icon next to a story to edit it.
- Enter the story title in the HEADER field.
- Enter a brief overview in the STORY BRIEF field, which will appear under the story title on the news page.
- Enter the text for the story in one of the three available fields:
- Use the STORY LINK field if you are using a story located on a webpage. Include http:// in the web address.
- Use the STORY DOWLOAD field if your story is from a PDF or similar file. For this story type, click CHOOSE FILE and then select the file from your computer and press OPEN.
- Use the FULL STORY field if you will include the content for the story in the story record. Just type the story into this field.
- If you have an image to include, upload it in the IMAGE field.
- Also put the date in the STORY DATE field.
Click OK to save the new story.